Monday, January 30, 2012

Advice!!

     The past three days have been very disappointing! I lost half a pound then gained it back yesterday and didn't lose anything today. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's normal for the weight loss to slow down so drastically and come to a halt. I haven't cheated, and I stick to the servings. I think I may start walking everyday, that might help it move along. I just really hope I start losing again, I tend to get discouraged very easily on diets. I want to stick with it, but the strict rules don't seem worth it if I stop losing the weight or only lose half a pound a day. Also, I'm getting bored with the same foods. I keep trying to add variety to my meals, but many times I end up eating repeat meals because it's easy. I'm trying to stick to the rule of rotating what I eat, but it isn't as easy as it seems. I don't really like the white fish, so that leaves me with shell fish, chicken, and lean beef (which I'm told is only supposed to be eaten once a week). Really it's between chicken and shell fish, but I definitely eat beef more than once a week, I can't help it. Plus, when I buy shell fish early in the week I try to eat it quickly since seafood doesn't last very long, so I get stuck with chicken and beef at the end. I hate how limiting the diet is. I read that egg whites every once in a while was okay...I kind of want to try it, but now I'm scared about eating something that will stop the weight loss. I just wish I could talk to someone who has had the same problems and experience. I'm not really sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Help!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tessa, It is suggested that you keep track of what you eat and then if you aren't losing weight it could be what you are eating. I noticed if I eat beef I don't lose as much. I have eaten fat free cottage cheese and the 3 egg whites with 1 whole egg. Yummy. I buy frozen shrimp and pull them out of the freezer as I want them.....I hope that helps a little. It sounds like you need to focus more on what to eat and have more appealing meals. I believe you will start to lose again if you stay off the beef.............keep going. Think about it you said you are "only" losing 1/2 lbs a day that is terrific. That is like losing 2 sticks of butter everyday. Maybe you are expecting too much.....In the end you will see how well you did. Don't stop........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This really helped me ignore the days I wasn't losing. Do you know why we can't eat turkey breast? I was thinking of trying it but I don't know if it would be okay. Frozen shrimp is a good idea, I will definitely buy a bag my next trip. What do you do with your shrimp? I found that all the shrimp dishes I made were not to appetizing.

      Delete
  2. Tessa, Yes it can be discouraging..but remember when your not losing pounds you will be losing inches..I eat beef a few times a week and a can of tuna light in water is ok too..there are days that I do not lose anything for a day or two then bam 3 pounds..but when you measure is when you notice while you didnt lose pounds you did inches..so do not worry about it all that much..also do not be doing any weight lifting..walking is ok on the protocol..also if you do not get enough sleep can effect you as well..I always tried for 7 hours..if I woke up before that I would weight myself notice nothing then go back to bed and wake up again and see 1 pound gone..if you need someone to talk to just facebook me.. https://www.facebook.com/Shari45 I just started my 500 calories today on my 4th round..gained 9 pounds on my two gorge days..lol good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your advice really helped! Do you do anything with the tuna or just eat it from the can? Wow four rounds takes a lot of motivation! You are doing such a great job! I love the two gorge days but it's scary getting on the scale the day after hehe. Most of it passes through though :)

      Delete
  3. lol yes I gained 9 pounds on my gorge days but lost it the next two days...so that is what I keep telling myself..you will lose it lol...With my tuna I use mustard and wrap it in lettuce or I will put it on my melba crackers...tonight I am making chicken celery soup which I hate celery but I love it in the soup..i use 1 cup of chicken broth then cut the celery up and put in chopped up pieces of baked chicken..I noticed you made scrambled eggs..you can use 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg..not sure if you just wanted 2 or not..figured I would let you know just in case...I do not eat seafood so my options are very limited..but i have been able to hang in there..your doing great..and soon you will see a major difference...

    ReplyDelete