Monday, January 23, 2012

Hunger Pains

     As you can probably tell from this posts' title, I had a rough day. I honestly didn't think it would be this difficult, especially the first day in. My morning was good, no cravings or hunger. I made myself a cup of green tea with some stevia, but had to toss it due to the stevia's aftertaste. Bleh. When I got home from my morning class, I thumbed through my hcg diet guide to find a recipe to try out. The citrus basil chicken sounded rather good, so I went with that. On the plate it looked beautiful and delicious, but it ended up having quite an odd flavor. I put basil/salt/pepper, and lemon-lime juice in the pan and let the chicken cook. Once the chicken was cooked on the outside, I added tomato and orange pieces. All of the ingredients simmered for about 5 minutes. Then I put the food on top of a lettuce leaf and dug in! The chicken had a decent flavor, but the tomatoes and orange just created a funky flavor. So pretty much, I had a piece of chicken for lunch. After about an hour I started to get cravings! Cravings for peanut butter, bread, popcorn, and a cookie. I don't normally crave these foods, but knowing I couldn't have them made me want them even more. I made myself a cup of tea and drank it hoping it would null my hunger. Nope, still hungry. Another hour later and I ate an apple, which was the best thing I've eaten all day. I could have eaten three. To take my mind off of food and the temptations in the kitchen, I got in bed and watched a movie. I think I need distractions, but I was home almost all day, which is extremely rare, so my bored mind kept wandering back to the food sitting on the counter that I couldn't have. Finally, it was time to make dinner! I had bought fish at the store on Saturday and thought it wise to use the fish as soon as possible. I put the sole in a skillet with lemon-lime juice and salt/pepper. It began falling apart and had an overwhelmingly fishy smell. Tasting it, I nearly gagged. The fish turned mushy in my mouth and was really fishy. I had to throw away five pieces of fish. I only had two left, so I decided to keep it simple and just cook it in the skillet with a little bit of pam and salt/pepper. The fish turned out okay. I then made a soup consisting of chicken broth, cabbage, curry, ginger, and miracle noodles. I had bought the miracle noodles today hoping they would take the place of carbs and curb my hunger. I added the fish to the broth and voila, and asian soup. The broth was pretty good, but the fish was still mushy and the miracle noodles had the consistency of rubbery worms. Another huge disappointment. I ended up tossing half my bowl of soup down the drain. So today I ate a small chicken breast, an apple, and half a bowl of soup. I'm really hoping I can find a recipe that I like so that I can actually eat an entire 200 calorie meal! Sheesh. Otherwise I don't know how I can keep dealing with the hunger.

       Since I know some of my readers are also on the hcg diet, do any of you have any yummy recipes and how did/do you deal with the hunger? Any information/advice is greatly appreciated!

                                                   This is the Asian Soup I made for dinner

                                            Orange Basil Chicken. Doesn't it look good? 
                                             Unfortunately it wasn't as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment