Friday, January 27, 2012

Shedding the Pounds!

    I've lost seven pounds in four days! It seems kind of crazy actually. If I lost ten pounds this week that would be fantastic and such an amazing start to my diet. I've heard the first two weeks is when most people lose the majority of their weight. My hunger between meals has almost completely vanished! Thank goodness! When I finish my meal I wish there was more but after a few minutes I feel satisfied. I'm trying to eat smaller bites so it will take me longer to eat, that way my brain has time to register that I've had enough to eat.
     There are two lifestyle changes I've learnt from this diet so far that I am hoping to keep up when this is over. The first change is portioning my food. Of course, I don't intend to have to weigh my meals so precisely, or even at all, like I have to do for this diet. I want to put a healthy amount on my plate to eat and not take anymore than I need. Secondly, and this corresponds with the first, is putting all the food away after preparing my plate. My family has always put all the food in bowls or on platters, to have on the table. That way, when I finished the first serving, the pasta or whatever we were having that night would just sit in front of me within reach. It made it so easy to just pick up the spoon and ladle more food onto my plate without really thinking about it. Now, I prepare my plate, then put the leftover food in containers which are put in the fridge. By doing this, once I finish my plate I don't go back for seconds, which I don't need. I'm hoping these strategies will keep me from overeating, which is my biggest offense in gaining weight!

Beef/Cauliflower/Sugar-free Salsa taco

The cauliflower tasted like rice! So YUMMY!

BBQ chicken salad with smoky/honey mustard dressing.
Dressing Recipe: Mustard, organic beef broth, dash of splenda, couple drops of liquid smoke. (so good!)
Add beef broth to mustard until desired consistency. Best thing:Calorie and sugar free..still tastes delicious!
Cooking for future meals

It's so easy to cook everything at once rather than cooking every meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment