Saturday, February 11, 2012

No chocolate Valentines for me!

     Sorry, this post has taken way to long to be written! My week has been so busy that I didn't get a chance to write. I started new hours at work so I'm working at least 45 hours a week. On top of work I have school, and my classes have not been as easy as I would have hoped.  In short, I will probably not be writing posts as often, but I will try my best to keep you updated.
     The past week has had its ups and downs. There were three days where I didn't lose anything, and then the other days I was losing around a pound a day. My total weight loss is 16 pounds. I'm 1/4 of the way to my preferred weight. I still have 26 days left so hopefully I can lose as much weight as possible by then and be close to my goal. I was hoping to do two rounds but by the time I finish my first round with the maintenance phase it will be April. My birthday is mid April, and my boyfriend's birthday is early May, while our 4 year anniversary is late May. I don't want to be on the diet during those occasions. My plan is to do my best with this round and keep exercising and watching what I eat until I can do my second round in June, unless I've lost all my weight by then. Once this is over I want to drastically limit my sugar and carb intake, as well as stay away from processed and fast foods. By cooking most of my meals at home I will know exactly what goes into my body and I also save a lot of money! It's a win-win situation.
     I have to confess that I have cheated. I know, I am very disappointed in myself. I never indulged on a piece of bread or candy or chips. Whenever I cheat it's little things that would otherwise be seen as healthy, such as a couple slices of banana or cantaloupe. I never thought that I could be so tempted by a piece of fruit. I've passed up brownies, dark chocolate peanut butter cupcakes (that was a hard one), birthday cake, ice cream, chips, pasta, and soda. I still feel bad and very guilty about the fruit. Is it that bad? I have this fear that by eating even the smallest bit of a food not on the list, I will ruin the entire diet. Have any of you had experiences with cheating? Any advice on how to stop? I feel like if I did it once, twice, three times, I will just keep doing it. I want to stop, but I can barely help it.
     I started walking/running, more walking than running though. I follow up the cardio with some crunches and lower tummy work, since that is my problem area. I've noticed that when I follow through with exercising I lose more. The downside is that I become more hungry. Funny story, I was watching the food network show Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives (talk about torture) with my boyfriend and at a restaurant they showed french fries being covered in gravy. My reaction proceeded as follows: "Gravy on french fries?! That is pure madness! Madness I tell you! *starts to laugh maniacally which turns into crying*." I literally went crazy at the thought of french fries and gravy because I was so hungry after working out. My boyfriend thought the hcg had gone to my head. At least I've learned to not watch the food network when I'm hungry.
   Valentines day is coming up. No chocolate boxes for me. :( What I wouldn't give to just have a piece of dark chocolate...ahhh! Instead of going out for a nice dinner, my boyfriend said we could eat a dinner that is on the diet protocol. He'll probably end up eating a pb&j sandwich once I leave, but I'm happy he is being supportive. I think I will make crab cakes again, since they were so good.

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
1 orange peeled, ice, splash of lowfat milk and vanilla blended.

Shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce.
Horseradish, squeeze of lemon juice, and chili sauce.
All the cocktail sauce at the store had so much added sugar!

My go to beef dish. Easy to make and lasts
for quite a while. This time I added tabasco sauce:yum!

Orange creamsicle once again. You can have it as a smoothie
or freeze it in popsicle containers.

2 comments:

  1. I know of others who have cheated on the HCG..the only thing with it is that you could possibly have a gain or it will just stall out and you wont lose for that day..its not that big of a deal but I have not cheated as of yet :) its tempting though..but I have come to far and needing to lose 100 more pounds just keeps me motivated and knowing that I have lost 125 helps a lot..your doing great...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I am so impressed that you haven't cheated! That takes a ton of self-control and dedication. I am definitely trying! It gets hard when I'm making food for the kids I nanny, and I end up eating a piece because I'm hungry. I don't cheat when I'm in control of what food I am handling or around. It's when I have to cook and handle food that I start to cheat.

      Delete