Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Consequences and New Goal

   Happy Valentines Day everybody!  Even without all the sweets I can still appreciate the love and support around me. I know that in my last post I mentioned that I had been cheating. I was so disappointed in myself and in the fact that I kept doing it. Shari, one of my readers and fellow hcg dieter, really helped me get past it. Thank you Shari! You being able to lose over 125 pounds on the diet and not cheat at all was an inspiration and a wake up call. I have to say that you feel like my mentor even though you live so far away. You always give me advice when I seem to be struggling or questioning the diet. It's so important to have someone who has been through or is going through the same experience to keep you on track and motivated.
    I've noticed several consequences from being on the diet, some being good and others being not so great. Starting off with the good, I find that when I run/hike I don't get painful cramps in my calves. I've been told that the cramps were from toxins being released from your muscles. Now I just have to work on my breathing. I thought I would be tired on the diet, but I actually feel like I have more energy than I did before. I don't feel like falling asleep around 3/4 o'clock anymore. Of course I'm also losing weight and feeling so much better about myself already! Here are a couple negative aspects I've noticed. I have been getting TERRIBLE breath! I brush and gargle with mouth wash, but the smell always returns. After reading up on it, I found that I have what they call ketosis breath which is caused by your body using ketones (fat). It definitely makes me self-conscious at times. Another issue, is my bathroom frequency. I pee regularly but number 2 is maybe once every 4 days. I keep trying to drink water to help, but as you know I have trouble drinking enough water. Those are the only negative affects that I have come across.
   As I was running yesterday I came up with a new goal. I decided that I would love to be able to run a marathon by the end of this year. I never thought I would be able to do it, but I want to. It will take a lot of training since I can barely run half a mile (if even that!) without stopping to catch my breath and let my muscles relax. Nevertheless, I want to be able to tell people that I ran a marathon, and show my friends and family that I can do it. This diet is the first step. I want to lose the weight and be healthy and fit, not necessarily skinny.
   Below are my before and after photos of my face since before the diet and up until now. It has been three weeks and there is definitely a difference in my face! I have a before body photo but I don't want to show that until I feel that I'm ready to uncover my new body. Maybe in a few more weeks. :)

Before on Right After on Left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment