Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 12

   12 days and 12.5 pounds. I didn't lose anything today but I'm completely okay with that. :) If I had cheated, I would be upset, but I have stuck to the diet and know there is a good reason that I didn't lose weight today. The diet has gotten SO much easier. I've really adjusted these past few days. I am never hungry, and sometimes feel full before I can even finish my meal. I've been craving almond milk, which is really weird because we never buy/have almond milk! How crazy! Hopefully in phase 3 I can drink it. I thought almond milk would be a good alternative to dairy but with all the additives the brands put in their milk, it turns out to be just as bad. I found a super easy recipe on how to make your own almond milk without all the unhealthy stuff and I'm excited to try it! I guess I'll have to wait though.
   I haven't noticed a big difference in my appearance except that my face looks a wee bit smaller as do my wrists/forearms. My stomach pretty much looks the same but I've noticed the skin is becoming loose and has a weird feel to it. I'm kind of scared it won't tighten up and I'll be left with excess skin. I've just started doing crunches, hoping it will help.
    I added turkey to my diet and it's such an awesome addition! It's not hindering my weight loss, and I made sure to buy it extra lean. I bought turkey burger patties that were pre-seasoned. I checked to see if the ingredients of the seasoning was a-okay. It's so easy, I just stick them on the grill and they're ready to eat, and very yummy! I love to put mustard on them. :) Recently I made swiss chard, which was surprisingly good, onion soup (yum), and crab cakes (YUM!). All new recipes which were really good. I realized that if I go with my gut on the ingredients and seasoning, the food turns out great. When I follow recipes from my hcg book, they're pretty terrible. I like to look at several different recipes for the same dish and then create my own version. It's worked out quite well. ^_^

Went out to eat at RL and had the waiter add the
side of crab and broccoli to my dad's meal.

Grilling BBQ chicken and turkey burgers.

Swiss chard sauteed with onions, garlic,
 bit of beef broth, and seasoning.

Lunch :)

This is what I'm faced with when I go into the kitchen!
PB and chocolate cookies! Torture!

Onion soup with garlic and beef broth.

Crab cakes! Canned crab with some egg white, seasoning, and hot sauce.
:)

Dinner ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment